InterAction’s Pre-Conference Workshop for People of Color: Counter-Storytelling & Healing
InterAction will lead a workshop for People of Color to share space to deconstruct and reconstruct our own narratives. We know that different forms of oppression (racism, colonization, homophobia, sexism, Islamophobia, and xenophobia) engender harmful dominant narratives that corrupt and impact how we see ourselves and how we define who we are. Our hope is to hold intentional space for us to process and center our own counter-narratives through community dialogue, narrative writing, and art.
Together we will explore:
- What is my story?
- How do these dominant narratives impact my story?
- How can I utilize my story for social change?
- What does my story of healing look like?
- What do I need in order to heal?
- How can we write ourselves into the present and the future?